I just got approval for our missalette today. Yey! It took me a long time to finalize the missalette because we had to choose the best reading that would reflect what we want our marriage to be.
For the first reading, we chose Ruth 1:16-17. The article from the Wedding Pickle helped us fully understand the meaning of it. :)
For the Gospel, we have the reading from Mark (Mark 10:6-9). It tells us what God has joined together, no man should separate.
I know what you're thinking! Yeah, I sort of cut-and-pasted the customizable parts, find-replaced the former couples names with our names. Haha :P
Resourcefulness is key. :D
Useful links:
You can find the Letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians here.
For the first reading, we chose Ruth 1:16-17. The article from the Wedding Pickle helped us fully understand the meaning of it. :)
But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you. Where you go, I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your People will be my people and your God my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."Second reading is none other than the Letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians (Ephesians 5:2a, 21-33). While we are having the canonical interview, Father Gani explained the meaning of this to us. As I understood it, the reading doesn't say that the wife must be fully submissive to the husband but be subordinate instead. I love it because it also says that the husband should love his wife like Jesus loved the church which equates to unconditional love. Haha
For the Gospel, we have the reading from Mark (Mark 10:6-9). It tells us what God has joined together, no man should separate.
Jesus said:Special thanks to Kaice and Karmie, our OTD, because they sent me a copy of the missalette used in one of their weddings at St. Benedict Church.
“From the beginning of creation,
God made them male and female.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.
So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate.”
I know what you're thinking! Yeah, I sort of cut-and-pasted the customizable parts, find-replaced the former couples names with our names. Haha :P
Resourcefulness is key. :D
Useful links:
You can find the Letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians here.
No comments:
Post a Comment