Saturday, December 8, 2012

Arrhae Holder

Finally, an arrhae holder! I've been searching for a nice arrhae holder for a long time. I was just looking for a small box that is just enough to hold the coins but I chanced upon a heart sinamay in Papemelroti then I had a light bulb moment. :P
Before and After
Materials:
  • Heart sinamay - 39PhP from Papemelroti
  • Glue
  • Glitters
  • Rhinestones
  • Felt
Tools
  • Glue gun
  • Brush
  • Scissors
  • Hair Dryer - if you want to speed up the drying process :)
Steps:
1. In a small bowl, mix the glue and glitter powder.
2. Brush the mixture in the heart sinamay to cover it. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle more glitter powder to completely cover the heart sinamay.


Tap the excess.
3. Cut a heart shaped felt to cover the inside base.
Trace it on the felt then trim it so it fits the base.
Use a glue gun to attach the felt to the base.
4. Add rhinestones as you wish. :)

5. After you have finished all embellishments, brush another layer of glue so the glitters will not fall off.

I used a silver garter/cord to close the arrhae holder. :) And one more thing... If you got OC and found out that not everything is covered with glitter, you can use metallic Sharpie for hard to reach areas. ;)

Tadaaaaa!!!!



1 comment: