Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nest Hunting

After the wedding, PJ and I decided that we rent first a condo unit/apartment. We have a small patch of land in the south. Until we magically grow 1.5 million in our bank accounts (the minimum value you need to spend building your home in our chosen village), our dream house remains only in dreams. Haha. Living in the far south is not a practical decision since we both work in the major business districts, PJ at the Fort and I in Makati. So think about the gasoline and toll fees!
Future address: B3 L14 Phase 3 Molave Loop, Verdana Homes Mamplasan, Binan, Laguna
PJ and I visiting our little patch in the south
Looking for a place to live is PJ's assignment. Many months ago, he started searching the internet for possible units/apartments. Most of the units he saw, that is within our budget, are located in Merville, Paranaque, Pasig, Taguig and a few in Makati (you know how expensive it is if it’s within the CBD :P).

Tuesday night, he saw an ad in www.sulit.com.ph and it was posted the same day. It's a 2 bedroom, semi-furnished unit in Bonifacio Heights. It comes with a parking slot and has never been occupied. Sounds like a great deal? Yeah, I believe it really is! When he sent the link, PJ's impulsive and persuasive fiancée told him to text the owner right away for a viewing schedule! Haha. The following day, we met the owner for the viewing and we had the "this is it" feeling. While we are talking to the owner, our brains are like sending signals to each other, agreeing that we want to start our married life here and this is a very good deal that we cannot afford to pass up. Yes, we are über serious about this unit. It looks new, smells new, IT IS new and the size is perfect for starters like us. :)
Image from http://ktbike.sulit.com.ph/
Our target move-in date is December, first week. We are communicating continuously with the owner regarding the move-in. By Monday, we will settle the required 2 months deposit and 1 month advance then the contract follows.

I am soooo looking forward to move-in! I’m really praying that we get this! No jinxes please, please, please…

Oh I remember... We don't have furniture yet. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment