Thursday, November 8, 2012

Engagement Session

I must admit, I super enjoyed the engagement shoot. Weeks before that, I felt nervous because I thought we cannot do the poses that J and Aira will let us do but whoa... Even PJ is so game with everything. Aylavvettt!!!

November 5, Monday. We asked the Picasso Reservations Officer if there is an area where we can do the hair and make-up. Unfortunately, they do not have any holding areas apart from the rooms so what now? We have to start the HMU at 11:00 AM on Wednesday based on Aira's itinerary. That night, we searched for cheap accommodations within Makati because we cannot afford to book another room in Picasso. So luck smiled at us and we found the Tune Hotel. Surprisingly, there is a promo at Hotels.com so we got the room for only PhP700. Note to self: I must write a review of this hotel. ;)

November 6, Tuesday. We arrived at the Tune Hotel at 10:00 PM because PJ still needs to attend work emails at home. We were at his place because we went to the QC City Hall in the morning to file our Marriage License. While he's working, I'm talking to our balloon supplier. At this time, we still don't have the 24" round, flying light pink balloon. I'm a bit pissed because I already ordered it Monday and we were only informed at 7:00 PM that they require a 50% deposit. Whaaat???

After the check-in, we went to the grocery to buy some snacks for the shoot then went to my place to get my things for tomorrow. It's such a very long day. Good thing, we finished all the errands by 12:00 AM so we still had an 8-hour beauty sleep. Zzzzzz...

Day of the Shoot.

8:00 AM - Wake-up, bath
9:30 AM - We went to BPI-Jupiter to deposit the down payment for the balloon
10:00 AM - Breakfast at Yoohoo (I'm not really sure with the name)
11:00 AM [Abbey] - Waiting for Aira/Fritz to arrive
11:30 AM [PJ] - Went to Gifts for Keeps in Dian to get the balloons
11:30 AM [Abbey] - HMU by Fritz, Aira checking the clothes we brought for the shoot
12:00 PM [PJ] - Check-in at Picasso
1:45 PM [Abbey] - Check-out at Tune Hotel
2:00 PM [Abbey] - Arrival at Picasso
2:15 PM - J Lucas Reyes arrives
2:30 PM - Layout 1 shoot in Picasso
5:00 PM - Layout 2 shoot in Jaime C. Velasquez Park
5:30 PM - Layout 3 shoot in Picasso
7:30 PM - Viewing of raw pictures
8:00 PM - Wrap-up

I am in so much awe while looking at the raw pictures because it's just amazing. Super, super, amazingly good. J Lucas Reyes is really talented. He directs us, tells us what makes up a good pose. He really has an eye for stunning layouts.

Aira is also super fun to work with. While at the Tune Hotel, we are engaged with conversations about relationships, vacations, and other stuff. We are working just like old friends. We laughed a lot which makes the HMU session uber enjoy.

I am so "bilib" with Fritz. Her make-up skills are self-taught and she's just 22! I cannot anymore stress how much I love my brows. As I have said, I am now part of Brows by Fritz Mortel fans club. :P

Picasso. It's now added to my favorite places on the planet. The interiors are so nice, even PJ said he wants to live there. In J's words, "Sulit na sulit kada kanto."

I wrote too much already that it must be boring you, my friend. Haha. So here are some of the raw engagement shots.. I hope you'll also find the love we've tried to capture on the photos. ;)

Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Photo by J Lucas Reyes (www.jlucasreyes.com)
Useful links:
J Lucas Reyes
Aira Franco
Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

No comments:

Post a Comment