Tuesday, August 6, 2013

keeping track of Athena - Updated 09/02/13

This post is just to keep track with my progress on Athena. Expect that I will be updating this post whenever Athena and I had a major, major bonding time. :P

September 2, 2013 - You can already see the second pillar here and a small portion of Athena's hair on the second quadrant. What made me happy here is the circle with a ribbon-like accent on the center. You might think it's boring to stitch because of the brown threads used. It was fun working on that part of the design for me. I don't plan to start on Athena's face and arms yet. I usually work on the face and arms last.


August 14, 2013 - My strategy on working with big pieces is to divide them into quadrants. Here, I worked mostly on the draping because I want to finish at least 80% of the first quadrant. Another blended thread is used here, Caron Waterlilies 229-Oasis and DMC 504. I find it a bit difficult to use because the Caron thread hides behind the DMC when working on the cross-stitches. I had to twist my threads for the blending to appear on the stitched area.


I also completed my grid for the second quadrant. Yey!

For this week (August 1-7, 2013), I started on the draping. I really liked the blue green-ish thread, DMC 3809. There is also a symbol that should blend the DMC 3809 with Caron Waterlilies 229-Oasis but I can't tell the difference when stitched close to the pure DMC 3809. Nevertheless, I love how rich the colors are for this design (which is the same case for all the Mirabilia designs I have finished. Haha). Nora Corbett is indeed one of my favorite cross-stitch designers.
Progress as of August 7, 2013
I am soooo waiting for Friday because it's a non-working holiday and I'm gonna stitch till my eyes go red. I wonder if dear husband would be happy about it. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment